Architecture model is physical representation of a structure which is created to show the ideas about a design to their clients or the public etc. This helps in understanding the design in three dimensional way and this tool is designed by interior designers, architects. The making is done by experts in model making and some companies who does this type of work. Some times they employ students also who are pursing architecture study. In olden days Rough models can be made fast with cardboards, bass wood etc. modern model builders are using foam, taskboard, wood, plastics of different varieties etc. Paper architecture models are also to depict some bungalows etc.
These are being used by an architect for several purposes:
• To explain complex designs to the team or to discuss about the structure by seeing this model.
• These will be kept in the reception area to show the model of the building like show piece.
• These are the best way to sell a design. It will be very useful for those who can not visualize the design. As it will be in three dimension it is very easy to understand about the design.
• Different types of architectural 3D renders model buildings are available :
• Construction models which gives the idea about a proposed building’s components and elements
• Landscape design models are used to represent public spaces. These models show about walkways, small bridge etc.
• Interior models represent about planning of interior finishing, furniture and space.
• Exterior models are the models of the civic spaces around the building.
In modern days with emerging technology architects, engineers and designers are using Computer aided Design(CAD) to draw these models. This CAD technology is growing very fast. This is a computer software used to create, analyze, modify the design. This creates a virtual model of the design. This can be used to design 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional models. Earlier architects used to draw the designs on paper. This paper or scanned copy or film based drawings can be converted into CAD. This is called CAD Conversion. This takes plans which are hand drawn as an input. This is similarly called as raster to vector conversion and is used for large or small projects. A pdf file which is a scanned copy of a drawing is a raster file and this should be converted into CAD file format. This will be done by using raster to vector conversion. This converted copy of pdf file is called vector pdf file.
3d Printing is a method of creating 3 dimensional solid objects from a digital model. This is also called additive manufacturing. This is done by using additive process. This is used in many fields like like automobiles, aerospace engineering, civil engineering, dental, fashion technology, GIS, military, jewelry etc. There is a prediction that due to this developing technology, in coming years users will tend to do their own manufacturing instead of buying items from others Multi colour 3d printing services are also available in the market. 3D printing is there for architecture models also. People believe that it creates not just a scale models but actual models.